Use this category to find more information on how to use the forum.
How to write a topic
Select a category that you would like to write a discussion post under.
On the bottom right corner, click the ‘+’ button.
A pop-up window will appear. From here, you can write your discussion topic.
You can choose to add an optional tag to add to your post. An optional tag is a label or keyword that can be assigned to a post to provide additional context which can help users quickly filter topics based on specific themes or subjects. See instructions below on how to add an optional tag:
a. Click on the ‘optional tag’ tab.
b. Type out your tag
c. A “Create: ‘(your tag)’” button will appear. Click on this button to add the tag to your post.
Click ‘Create Topic’ to publish your discussion post.
How to add Categories to your sidebar
- To add categories to your left sidebar, hover over ‘Categories’ on your sidebar and click the pencil
(✎ ) button.
- Under ‘Categories Section’, click the + button to expand options.
- The tab will expand, and you can click on which pre-set categories you want to appear on the sidebar.
- Click ‘Save Changes’. Your chosen categories will now appear on the sidebar.
Note: Users are not able to create new Categories. Categories can be set by Admins only.
How to report or flag a post
- Go to the bottom right corner of the post you want to report or flag and click on the three dots to expand options.
- Click on the flag button.
- Select the appropriate report for the post. You will be shown the following options:
- Send a personal message to the user who published the post
- Flag the post as: ‘Off-Topic’, ‘Inappropriate’, ‘Spam’ or ‘Something Else’.
- Flagging a post as ‘Off-Topic’, ‘Inappropriate’, ‘Spam’ or ‘Something Else’ will prompt moderators with a notification to review the post.
Uploading a PDF to your post
- Click the ‘+’ button at the bottom right of the screen to create a new topic.
- Click the ‘Upload’ button, as shown below.
- Select the PDF file that you want to upload and click ‘Open’.
- Once you select your file, the file will show up in your textbox in the format below:
- Upload your topic. When posted, your PDF will appear in this format:
‘Messages’, ‘Personal Chat’ and ‘Channel’
Under the ‘Categories’ tab, you will find ‘Messages’, ‘Channels’ and ‘Personal chat’. Below will explain the difference between these features.
Messages: Refers to private messages exchanged between individual users. They are similar to emails. This feature is useful for private discussions, sharing sensitive information, or engaging in more personal conversations. Messages exchanged through this feature will also notify users via email.
Channels: Channels are essentially group chats which can be accessible to all users (or limited to those given access by the forum’s admins). Channels can only be created by administrators or moderators and represent different subjects or topics.
Personal chat: Personal chats are real-time conversations and are similar to an instant messaging system. They allow users to have private, text-based conversations with one or more participants. Personal chats are typically used for quick exchanges, informal discussions, or collaborative conversations.